1. Avoid direct sunlight on your face. Sunlight is the number one cause of aging.
2. Don't smoke. Smoking encourages wrinkles to form from the constant pursing of the lips, and cuts off oxygen to your skin cells.
3. Don't drink alcohol. Alcohol is a diuretic and increases the removal of vital fluids and vitamins from your body.
4. Curtail caffeine. Another diuretic, caffeine will release fluids from your system and taxes your adrenal glands.
5. Wear sunscreen. Make this a daily habit.
6. Drink more water. It will help all of your organs perform optimally, including the largest organ, your skin.
7. Eat right. Without supplying vitamins and minerals to your body, the aging process will take hold sooner rather than later.
8. Don't do facial "exercises." Regardless of what you read and hear, facial exercises will encourage lines to form or become deeper. Why rush your wrinkles!
9. Don't use facial products with alcohol. Alcohol dries the surface of your skin and can make your skin look hard and wrinkled.
10. Exfoliate. Keeping the dead cell buildup off the surface of your skin will help your skin feel softer and look younger.
11. Avoid rubbing your skin. This includes rubbing your eyes and rubbing your face with a washcloth.
12. Use eye cream. Moisturizing the tissue around your eyes will help soften the look of the lines.
13. Sleep on your back. Sleeping on your side or stomach causes folds in your skin, encouraging wrinkles to form.
14. Moisturize. Without proper hydration, your skin will look and feel older.
15. Don't wear foundation. Less is more when it comes to wearing makeup. Foundation accentuates all of your lines and wrinkles.
16. Watch your expressions. Lines are formed when you make facial expressions, so pay attention to how expressive you are. It can effect your wrinkles.
17. Stop looking at your skin in a magnifying mirror. This gives you an unrealistic view of your skin. Even a child's skin can look old in these mirrors!
18. Exercise. Even simply walking increases the oxygen to your cells, which helps you age better.
19. Get enough sleep. Without proper rest your body will age faster.
20. Manage your stress. Stress is an indirect and important part of how you will age. Find time to relax and breathe throughout the day. Back to Articles List